You need to add a car to GloveBox to get started. You'll be able to log fuel and expenses for each car you add, as well as create reminders to send you an email for things like regular maintenance.
The app will take you to the add car screen when you first use it, but you can tap the "Add Car" button on the home screen any time to add more cars to your GloveBox account.
Adding a car
It's easy to add a car to the app. Enter some basic information about the car to get started. GloveBox will ask you to enter the following:
- The make and model of the vehicle. GloveBox contains a list of popular makes and models. If you can't see your make or model listed, just choose "Enter a name" and type it in.
- The engine size helps you identify vehicles if you have the same model with different sizes. Also, GloveBox may use this value in the future to generate different types of statistics. Make sure you enter the size of the engine in litres, for example, a 800cc engine should be entered as "0.8".
- The fuel type again helps you identify different vehicles of the same make and model. GloveBox may use this value in the future to generate different types of statistics or show you comparisons with different vehicles.
- The year of registration is required to indicate the age of the car and helps you identify different vehicles of the same make and model. GloveBox may use this value in the future to suggest automatic reminders, such as service intervals, or display advanced statistics based on a vehicle's age.
Adding other drivers
If anyone else drives your car you can invite them to download GloveBox so they can log fuel and expenses too. Find out more about adding other drivers.
Transferring a car
You can transfer a car to another user. To do this, you first need to add the person you're transferring ownership to as an additional driver of the car. Once they're a driver, tap the car on the home screen, then tap the "Drivers" button. If they don't appear in the list of drivers, they haven't accepted registered to become a driver. Tap the "Make owner" button next to the driver you want to be the new owner.
If you'll continue to use the car after ownership has been transferred, you can remain an additional driver. Otherwise you can remove the car from your GloveBox account. To do this, select it from the home screen, then tap "Remove".
Removing a car
You can remove a car from GloveBox in two ways, both of which can be accessed by choosing the car on the home screen then tapping the "Edit car" button.
- Archive: This option removes the car from your home screen but preserves the car's history, data and statistics - you can restore the car at a later date if you want to. You can also transfer ownership of a car to another GloveBox user.
- Delete: This option deletes the car permanently from GloveBox. All its data, including fuel, expenses and statistics, are removed and cannot be recovered.
Need more help or have questions? Contact us