The first time you use GloveBox you'll add your first car. You can tap the "Add Car" button on the home screen any time to add more cars to your GloveBox account.
Note: At the moment you can't add more than four cars to GloveBox, which includes cars owned by other GloveBox users. If you need to add more than four cars please contact us.
Adding a car
It's easy to add a car to the app. You'll need to enter the following:
- The make and model of the vehicle. GloveBox contains a list of popular makes and models. If you can't see your make or model listed just select "Enter a name" and type it in.
- The engine size helps you identify vehicles if you have the same model with different sizes. Also GloveBox may use this value in the future to generate different types of statistics. Make sure you enter the size of the engine in litres, for example an 800cc engine should be entered as "0.8".
- The fuel type helps you identify different vehicles of the same make and model. GloveBox may use this value in the future to generate different types of statistics or show you comparisons with different vehicles.
- The year of registration is required to indicate the age of the car and helps you identify different vehicles of the same make and model. GloveBox may use this value in the future to suggest automatic reminders such as service intervals or display advanced statistics based on a vehicle's age.
- The odometer unit should be selected based on how the vehicle measures the distance traveled. This will depend on the country of manufacture or the current setting of the vehicle's odometer. This setting cannot be changed once a car has been created so make sure you check and select the correct option.
Adding other drivers
If anyone else drives your car you can invite them to download GloveBox so they can log fuel and expenses too. Find out more about adding other drivers.
Transferring a car
You can transfer ownership of a car to another user. To do this you first need to add the person you're transferring ownership to as an additional driver. Once they're a driver tap the car on the home screen, then tap the "Drivers" button. Tap the "Make owner" button next to the driver you want to be the new owner.
If you'll continue to use the car after ownership has been transferred you can remain an additional driver. Otherwise you can remove the car from your GloveBox account. To do this select it from the home screen and tap "Remove".
Removing a car
You can remove a car from GloveBox in two ways, both can be accessed by choosing the car on the home screen and tapping the "Edit" button.
- Archive: This option removes the car from your home screen but preserves the car's history, data and statistics - you can restore the car at a later date if you want to.
- Delete: This option deletes the car permanently from GloveBox. All its data including fuel, expenses and statistics are removed and cannot be recovered.
Need more help or have questions? Contact us