Update History and Release Notes
GloveBox is updated regularly to add new features, improve performance and fix bugs. Here you can find details of the changes in each update.
Released: September 2020
- Different colour markers on location map.
- Fixed bug: Some external links don't appear correctly.
- Fixed bug: iOS status bar text is unreadable on location map or chart when device has a notch.
- Fixed bug: Error page doesn't work properly when logged out.
- Fixed bug: Error page can reset app if user is a guest.
Released: July 2020
- Dark mode (go to Settings > Preferences to try it out).
- Improved validation when adding new driver and during account creation.
- Added buttons to filter location map.
- Open location map to marker bounds by default.
- Improved appearance of popup on location map.
- Updated light (default) colour scheme.
- Fixed bug: Email delivery warning message appearance.
- Fixed bug: Create first location message is misleading.
- Fixed bug: Adding driver sometimes doesn't work when pressing enter on keyboard after email entry.
- Fixed bug: Security vulnerability.
Released: June 2020
- Fixed bug: Crash when changing fuel log display settings.
- Fixed bug: Change password option missing from settings menu.
Released: May 2020
- Changed trip stats time range descriptions.
- Change heading of alert when sending password reset email.
- Fixed bug: Date picker could crash on older versions of Android.
- Fixed bug: Long location names overlap charge/fuel icons and nav arrow icon.
- Fixed bug: Back navigation not working after updating account settings or units.
Released: April 2020
- Trip logging.
- Improved navigation after editing or deleting a fuel/expense entry.
- Added charging and fuelling settings for locations.
- Changed overview statistics.
- Display loading indicator until add fuel/charge buttons are displayed.
- Minor change to wording of message on fuel log settings screen.
- Guess correct units when engine size entered in cc or cubic inches.
- Removed Facebook log in.
- Fixed bug: Driver names missing from logs when user is a guest.
- Fixed bug: Setting to always use numeric keyboard is not persisted.
- Fixed bug: Typo in email delivery message.
- Fixed bug: Fuel economy does not reset imperial fields when removing full tank flag.
- Fixed bug: Fuel type not reset on add car screen when adding more than one car per session.
- Fixed bug: Password reset email address validation doesn't work.
- Fixed bug: Economy stats stay on car detail page when when switching between cars.
- Fixed bug: "Fill ups missed" should refer to charges for BEVs.
- Fixed bug: Locations assigned to EV/PHEV charging sessions show stats with "gallons" label.
Released: November 2019
- Fixed bug: Facebook log in not working on iOS 13.
Released: November 2019
- Guest log in: Access to limited features without creating an account.
- Fixed bug: Tables may intermittently not appear as intended.
- Fixed bug: App could crash if an error occurs during communication with the remote service under certain conditions.
Released: August 2019
- Remove ads with an in-app purchase.
- Updated Facebook, ads and in-app purchasing features with bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed bug: Error displayed when location list fails to load from the remote service.
- Removed support for Android versions before KitKat.
Released: July 2019
- Added support for Electric (BEV) and Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) fuel types.
- Changed how the map works when creating or updating a fuel location for better performance and reliability.
- Ad improvements: No longer need to force a reload under certain conditions. If an ad is visited don't load another for some time.
- Improved default map zoom level.
- Improved CSV import validation.
- Improved performance when changing orientation while looking at the fuel or expense table.
- Fixed bug: Odometer range error says "more than" instead of "less than".
- Fixed bug: Fill ups missed separator in fuel log table sometimes doesn't match table width.
- Fixed bug: Estimates distance for 6 months and one year missing from car statistics.
- Fixed bug: Some column headings missing from fuel export CSV.
- Fixed bug: Delay in iOS between pressing a button and something happening.
Go to the release notes archive to see update history for app versions that are no longer supported.